Friday, February 21, 2014

Current Events and Johnston Chaos

I wasn't going to write up a post for today because I didn't think there was enough material in the Johnston's week, but as I sat down and started making my 'blog list' and notes, I was kind of like "well damn.." SO here I am. And I encourage you to do the same. If you ever think not much has been happening, sit down and make a list and relive all the fun you had.

Unless your list includes, but is not limited to-

-Got in a fender bender
-Debit card got hacked at Target
-Tax refund still hasn't come in
-Still stuck on 21 in flappy bird
-Didn't download flappy bird in time
-Still stuck on level 102 in Candy Crush Saga
-Ran out of nutella
-Moved to New England
-Snow blower broke
-Don't have a snowblower at all
-You Live in Atlanta
-You Live in Russia
-Got locked in a Sochi Bathroom
-Are a Male Russian Hockey player
-Are a Male/Female USA Hockey player
-Got reaped for the Hunger Games
-Found your 7th grade school picture
-Your name is Jay Leno
-You weren't clever enough to sell girl scout cookies outside of a marijuana dispensary in Colorado
-Senecca Crane didn't yell 'stop!' and announce you as victor and so you went on eating those poison berries
-You're this guy:
-You found your 8th grade school picture...
-You got arrested for drag racing your rented yellow Ferrari
-You were the luge board that Al Roker and Matt Lauer rode on
-Your child has been riding in one of those recalled car seats
-You ate some of that meat on the recall list
-You received a letter reminding you that you owe thousands of dollars for student loans
-You still didn't get the balls to confess your love to that person on Valentine's day
-You're one of those kids that fell on the ice in the video from the dad picking his kids up from school. (I'm still laughing at you by the way)


-Your local Taco Bell does not have baja blast mountain dew
-You don't have a Taco Bell locally...
-You DID get your taxes back but you spent them already
-Your dad got trampled by wildebeasts
-You had to kill your uncle for vengeance
-Your parents tenure at Northwestern ran up and so it was goodbye Africa
-You were personally victimized by Regina George
-You're a member of the New York Yankees
-You went in your back yard and yelled "Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay!" and Mr. Feeny didn't show up..
-You're Marcus..



-You caught the flu
-You hit your step dad's Babe Ruth signed baseball over the fence into the grips of 'the beast'
-You stubbed your pinkie toe


Then STOP your list right now, and pray, (And I will pray for you) that you have a better week next week!

So let's get started. Jimmy Fallon started the tonight show this week. Personally, I find him such an inspiration, I love his style of comedy. If I got anywhere with a writing gig, I wouldn't mind working with him. That would be pretty epic actually. If you missed it, you have to check out the part where all of the A-list stars made their appearances giving him money one by one. "Welcome to 11:30..bitch" -Stephen Colbert was my absolute favorite line in the whole shin dig.
You should also check out the Brian Williams rap:


My mom and I share our love for Jimmy Fallon and I hope to keep sharing good things about him.

The Olympics are still happening, and therefore 'Shit in Sochi' continues to go down as hard as all the skiiers and snow boarders on the crappy conditions. Why the actual F*** are they hosting the WINTER Olympics in a sub tropic city....Before the Olympics started people kept talking about terrorist attacks and how Russia was a really dangerous place and there was a lot of fear of something happening during the games.... And they were right! Except it was violent in a way we weren't really thinking of. Russia is taking out winter athletes one by one! Way to go Putin....more like RASputin...


Das Vid 'Murica


I read an article that on the set of 'Murican Hustle, Jennifer Lawrence would snack on doritos and then wipe her orange nacho cheese fingers on her white dress for the movie...and people are all like "lol oh Jen being Jen..." If I did that shit on one of my grungy T shirts at home, I'd get sent to bed without supper, grounded for a week, and not allowed to eat Doritos anymore...Ok well maybe my parents aren't that harsh but you get the point.
FOLLOW UP: On the set of Catching Fire, America's sweetheart almost lost an $8,000 bow in the ocean... -"repeat lol jen being jen  So basically, she comes close to ruining costumes and props and yet I still really want to work with her on a movie....Hollywood's weird..Life is weird. My family is weird. That's right, the current events portion of the blog is over so let's get to the Johnston Jumbles 
The rents got a new car this weekend.

And it's not a mini van....In my 21 years in this family we have always had a mini van. It's the end of an era. I'm so proud of them. I had to laugh, my aunt asked if they need a refresher course on driving a sedan. I think it's going to take some getting used to for sure. The Johnston parents owning a cool car is a new thing, but I'm excited for the adjustment.
This weekend was also family bonding weekend. Every we use up dad's hotel reward points he gets from work and we spend a night at some suites a few towns over. We're allowed to bring friends and it's usually always a different crowd This years ruckus troop included: the Johnston makers/adopters, myself, the chinese youngsters, Nephew, sister #2 +friend, Melissa, Melissa's daughter (mini Melissa) and I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but that's normal in our family. So we took up 3 suites and the highlight for me was our apples to apples game.


Playing with a nice mix of little kids and adults usually causes for some laughs. Cameron (Nephew) who was 6 years old until about 6 this morning. Is still learning how to read. "I don't know what this says but I'm just going to roll with it" He got a chuckle out of the words 'crystal balls' but was hesitant on explaining why....
Dad got real carried away and was the life of the party...


We get to the hotel and we were having dinner. The news was on it's part where it talks about the not huge news stories but more like people interest stories. Turns out Thursday was national 'Love your pet day' ...that's a holiday? Shouldn't that be every day? I also find it ironic that it's the day we left our dogs for a night in the hotel....**calm down PETA we left food, and water, and one Johnston was home with them that night.
But before I left for the family fun night, I played with them in the snow and got a couple awesome shots.. of Lily and Moses:












And on a very happy side of things, today is not only my Nephews Birthday, but Chandler's, what we call 'Gotcha Day' so it was a day to celebrate for these two




Cameron turned 7. And today marks 8 years since we adopted Chandler. 8 years ago, this chubby little 4 year old Chinese boy walked into my life, into my arms for our first hug, and I my heart would grab on forever and never let go. This kid is my best friend and brings me so much happiness, I love February 21st for the mere fact that we celebrate his joining of the family. He changed my life. People are meant for each other. Spending your firs few years of life in an orphanage may seem dark, but our family is his light, as he is our light, and he was truly meant to be my brother, and out of the 7 billion people in this world, we found him and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Basement Dwellings:
This is the portion of the blog where I describe how living in the basement is going, being 21, out of school living with..I lost count of how many people. As you may know, older sister moved back in and lives in the living room area of the basement. She goes to sleep early, I get out of work late...do you see how this doesn't match up. So She shuts the lights off which is understandable. Frustrating because it's hard to navigate but I'm not about to be like 'hey can you sleep with the lights on until I get home, showered and settled by 1 in the morning, thanks man.'  NO. So I was already having a rough night. I'm personally more of a morning person so the closing shift at work gets tough when my brain shuts off at like 6 PM. So I get home and shower and come down the stairs. Pitch dark. in just a towel. Thinking I was at the bottom, I started walking like I was on level ground..that actually lead to missing, and falling down the last few stairs. I actually fit right in with the skiiers and snowboarders in Sochi. Being so close, and then choking on the terrain. So instinctively my body panics and tries to save itself. which ends up with me crashing into the wall and awkwardly catching the railing in my armpit. When I realized I lived I strangle to get the towel wrapped back around me and then in my head i was like "what the F, it's dark and nobody is around..." and so then I sprinted to my bedroom door in case some random person on my side of the basement with night vision could see me naked...because that's possible..I wanted to cry because it really hurt really bad but then I just ended up bursting out laughing at how funny it probably looked...
Another event happened just 10 minutes ago. Fellow basement dwelling sister had gone to bed so I was navigating in the dark again when I heard a low man's voice. I shit my pants first, and then I realized she was watching something on her iPad. So if you hear deep voices in your basement, it's probably just your sister. But if your sister doesn't own an iPad, or if you don't have a sister and you live in your basement alone and you hear a deep voice, then you too should shit your pants, but then cry, and then run to mommy and daddy.

That pretty much sums up this week in a nutshell, feel free to share, this post or any previous posts, follow me on twitter Briannajohns2  Instagram: Bjohnston2  

Keep watching Jimmy Fallon, drinking angry orchard, and never ever ever say no to an adventure. With that I'll leave you with this quote from Tina Fey. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment